It appears that Ewan McGregor’s Obi-Wan would be back for a “Star Wars” standalone movie.
According to Schmoes Know, there are rumors that Ewan McGregor is in conversations with Disney on which they are planning to bring back the Obi-Wan Kenobi character for a new “Star Wars” movie.
The Obi-Wan spinoff is a film has been rumored for some time now. But, Schmoes Know informs that sources related to Disney are considering McGregor for more than one film, exactly a trilogy of McGregor’s famous character.
In October of last year, Cinelinx make the first report of this rumor.
But one of the main questions in the moment is in what time of Obi-Wan line story will be the trilogy focus. According to a source who spoke with Schomes Know, Disney is envisioning the character “not to be a force ghost, but for a post-‘Episode III’ Kenobi.”
As all “Star Wars” fans already know, the younger Jedi Master appeared and was portrayed by McGregor from “Episode I” to “Episode III.” Let’s also remember that during the original trilogy, Alec Guinness was in charged of portrayed the Jedi Master.
During a MTV News interview earlier this year, McGregor said that he is still expecting Disney’s call for the return of Obi-Wan to the screen. So far, the only thing for sure related to the “Star Wars” standalone movies is that there is going to be a trilogy.
The first movie titled “Rogue One,” will be starred by Felicity Jones. The rumors around the second film said that it is going to tell the origin story of Boba Fett. Now, tons of rumors have appeared.
According to Schmoes Know, the second sequel of the trilogy will be about Han Solo and Boba Fett, including the appearance of Lando Calrissian, Bossk and Han’s best friend Chewbacca. And once again, let’s keep in mind that these are only rumors.
Until this news can be can become official, let’s watch once again the “Force Awakens” trailer that is going to be released by December 18 this year.